Saturday, July 2, 2011

Walking the dog...and other adventures in weight loss

If you look back in my blog, you'll come to the year I lost a ton of weight, loved exercising, eating healthy, wearing skinny clothes and won a cruise!
What happened you may wonder? Why would I stop eating right, exercising and store those skinny clothes in bins?  Life got in the way...
I took a long look at recent photos of myself and while I was seeing with open eyes what I truly had done, I decided I needed to jump back on the Fat Flush Wagon.

Fat Flush... its a book by Ann Louise Gittleman which outlines a protocol of healthy eating and exercising. You detox your body, you eat healthy foods low on the glycemic index and you lose weight. Simple.
I gathered my supplies needed, ordered my vitamins and picked a day to start.. May 28th.  Funny thing, 4 yrs ago that was the exact date I first began this.

Its now July 2nd and I've been eating healthy for an entire month and taking Spencer, my crazy now 9 month old puppy, for long walks daily...sometimes twice a day depending on his energy level. We walk anywhere from 1.5 to 4.5 miles a day.  He's my exercise coach! All I have to do is look at him in his kennel and feel like he needs to go out and walk. Or maybe its the barking tail chasing and jumping against the kennel fence when he sees me!  He's great company... walks great on lead, checks himself to make sure he is still in 'heel' ... by that I mean he turns his head, touches his wet slimy nose on my knee and then licks my leg! not a comfortable feeling in shorts. gross.


I'm down 17 lbs so far! and have had few pit stops (where I grab a klondyke bar or a pretzel!) along the way. If you find me going for that stuff...remind me of the bigger picture!

Lisa


1 comment:

WendiLa said...

Way to go, Lisa!!! I'm looking for my own motivation to get back on the healthy wagon. I'm up in weight and down in energy...