Friday, May 8, 2009



I had to laugh at the cartoon I found above. For anyone who has been in or is in the process of a graduate level program... it hurts! As does staring into a high-powered flashlight! Two years ago I took on a task that I only dreamed would come to fruition. I decided with a lot of prodding from my friend Paula to get my Masters in Education. We looked at different programs and finally agreed to enroll in an online degree program through the University of New England located in Biddeford ME.
Last summer I was lucky enough to go to a summer workshop for Every Day Mathematics and visit this campus. It was in a beautiful setting. The only connection I'd had was through a keyboard and words on a computer screen.
Tomorrow is graduation day for all MsEd candidates who've completed the work. I am proud to be among them even though I will not travel to Maine tomorrow to walk across the stage.
I will think of the men and women who are attending graduation and send out my best wishes and thoughts to them. I am very proud to have been in the program with all of them.
It is funny though... I turned in my final paper the other night and having been so used to working on projects, writing papers or responding to online journals each and every day... I found myself a little lost and guilty feeling for coming home and just sitting. Looks like I can now finally get to my piled up fiction I've been wanting to read!

3 comments:

TulipGirl said...

Congratulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment!

Lisa said...

Thanks :) It was a lot of work...now I don't know what to do with all this time LOL

Unknown said...

Well Done! What a tremendous accomplishment. We are so proud of you and I know Tom would be too. Much love and kisses/