Saturday, August 28, 2010

Facebook | Videos Posted by Santé et beauté pour tous!! The Meaning of ...



I came across this video on Youtube today.
It seems to be something I personally need to really pay attention to.
Life is changing again around here and feeling a bit stressful with school starting up for the younger two, the eldest heading back off to NYC and for me, a new job,  with a considerable pay cut and a longer commute to boot.

If I were to take the advice of the video and 'keep a gratitude list' I could start off with what most would... family, home, enough money to pay the bills and a little extra to use for something fun.
My list though would hold a few things specific to me... abundance...while I don't always see it clearly, it is there. The abundance shows in the earned income at the end of the week that I can add to the account in order to pay a bill or buy the groceries for the week. But more than the paycheck the abundance is in my heart, making me feel like I have purpose and my skills are needed. Everyone needs that kind of feeling. It is there in the faces of my students who show me an abundance of love and laughter. They shine so brightly for the hour they are here for tutoring. I've watched and guided them as they have come to me struggling with reading and walk or skip out to greet their parents with big smiles showing the sticker they got on a paper we did. I enjoy the comments parents make about their child saying they can't wait to go to tutoring... I am amazed my child likes tutoring in the summer..who likes tutoring? Well, my students do :)

The other item on my list would be that I am grateful for 'hope'. Some may say...that is a bit silly to have on a gratitude list...shouldn't you be grateful for things you have already and not for hoping for them? Not me... I am grateful that I have hope... hope for a future in work, in love.... in life. We are not guaranteed anything in this world. At my age I have hit the lottery with pink slips and I will not ever be able to work in a position long enough to earn a retirement pension. I hope for a classroom teaching job or at least a job that pays me well enough and makes me happy. In love... I hope for that special someone to come into my life. Its a big hope and one that hasn't become reality since Tom.
And hope in life? To continue to be healthy and happy, raise my children and someday be able to hold and cuddle my own grandchildren.

I'm sure there is more I could add to my list...but I'd have to start writing it down first.








No comments: