Saturday, March 10, 2012

Official Day 1

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO???  
These are the words that were screaming inside my head as I struggled through an hour of exercise this morning at 8am.  
 I arrived on time and after an initial "Good Morning", Trainer Tony asked me to kick off my shoes and step up on the scale.  I had planned to jump right onto a healthy eating plan (Fat Flush) this past week but instead I found myself craving everything and anything categorized as food... yes, I did step on the scale and saw I gained 2 lbs!!!  I tell you that right there is a kick in the pants.

Tony ushered us down to the gym and we were put into partners. The work out began with 2 laps around the gym. I felt pretty good and even passed a few people, never mind how elderly they were!!
Tony then revved up the workout with sets of basically this list below minus the "Skaters" ... we did backward lunges and diamond push ups instead.
I worked my hardest
and found that I was not as strong as I thought I was.  My shoulder issue (beginning rotor cuff issues) was bothersome to some degree but I didn't let that stop me. I found the the exercise pictured below is not one I can do at all!! I have to work on my arm? shoulder? upper back??? strength.  

By the end of the class, I was hot and sweaty and ready to hit the showers. 

I was never so happy to leave the YMCA and jump into the security of my car.  I spent the rest of the day at a workshop.  Imagine my horror to arrive and find I had to climb two sets of stairs.... my legs are still like jello!! 



No comments: