Thursday, February 18, 2010

A new chapter begins!

Christmas and New Years came and went with the obligatory parties and lots and lots of chocolate, cakes, icecream and well... JUNK! And yes, I imbibed!!!

With the coming of a long weekend (MLK Day) on January 15th, I decided to take action. I bought Ann Louise Gittleman's newest Fat Flush Book, entitled Fat Flush For Life and read through it.  I then rejoined the online forum and began reading posts by those on phase 1.  Seems they recommend starting with the 'classic' Fat Flush program and then once you have lost the weight, transition over into Fat Flush For Life.

So, off to pursue the thinner me who resides within.  I'm back on the treadmill for my daily tourture... Did you know if you are not in the best shape and you set that thing at 3.5 to 4.0 miles an hour... not enough for a jog but only a really fast paced walk.. you can go flying off the end? Yea... neither did I!!
Needless to say that only happened once and now I've worked my way up to a nice 35 min work out that takes my pace anywhere from 3.0-3.8 mph and I stay on the dang contraption!!

So wish me luck! No cruises to set in my sights as the big prize at the end BUT I am taking a trip to honor my younger sister's 40th in June... so hopefully I'll land in Denmark a much smaller version of the self I am today!

5 comments:

Elsie said...

Keep going. Stay smart. Be nice to yourself---eyes on the prize and that sort of thing. Missing you!

Elise

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?

Anonymous said...

i honestly love all your writing choice, very charming.
don't quit and also keep writing seeing that it just very well worth to follow it,
looking forward to look into a whole lot more of your current writing, kind regards!

Lisa said...

Awwww thanks!

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach