Sunday, June 6, 2010

Simplicity in writing


A friend of mine keeps a blog and I noticed this very neat entry that was set in the simplicity of answering questions. It from the simple woman's day journal.  Today I thought I'd give it a try and seeing that I haven't devoted any time to writing..lets see what it may jog out of my cobwebbed brain.

Outside my window… I'm seeing the calm before the storm...literally. The skies are getting darker, humidity level is about 100% and the temperature is around 72 degrees... all the makings of a thunder storm. The news weather caster on the television has said it will come in with 75 mile an hour gusts so it will be time to tie down the deck furniture. 

I am thankful for… the quiet of the morning to sit and think my thoughts and daydream some time away before the work of the day begins. 

I am wearing… new pajamas :) that I bought yesterday on a shopping spree with my best friend. 

I am remembering… that I have to work more on my resume and getting more applications out into the mail.

A few plans for the week… tutoring, working on the summer work schedule, sending out resumes and hoping for interviews, driving kids here and there, getting ready for a trip at the end of the month.

I am currently reading… The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...haven't made a dent in it yet ... we'll see how it is.

I am hoping… that today will be a good day.

On my mind… Tom...always Tom.

Hearing…. the fan.. birds and the weatherman talking about a 'little nor' easter coming Wed into Thurs...hmmm.

I am praying that……the higher good for my family in my jobless situation.

From the kitchen… kids have taken over the table and counter with their things...need to move those out... and need to get some grocery shopping done..I'd send them but wouldn't trust a car load of eggo and chips to come back.

Around the house…Let's not really go into the piles of folded laundry that need putting away or the wires and video game mess in the living room... at least I got the dishes and cups I was left into the dishwasher!

One of my favorite things…this won't shock anyone that knows me... my camera.

From my photo journal.........


The strawberries are ripening around here. I used to keep them in the side garden but the chipmunks always beat me to them. This year I chose to dig them up and put them into hanging pots on the deck close to the house. My thought process was that no animals would come near the house with people and dogs in and out... I was wrong. So far two of the ripened berries had big bites taken out of them... looks like I'm going to have to buy them at the farm stand again this year. 

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Well done, I love that meme. You can add your link and get the image here on her blog. :)
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Elise said...

Nice to see you writing again. We are having the same crazy weather. Marc and I took the dog for a long soaking walk early this morning. Day of errands and laundry here too! Making some granola..at least the house smells good even if it is not as tidy as I would like!

TTYL.