Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday's Daybook Thoughts





Thoughts for today June 8th, 2010


Outside my window... I'm watching the rain fall in big fat droplets, collecting in puddles on the driveway and forming streams that course downward toward the street.  The wind that kicked up is pushing the large grey rain clouds and the blue skies are beginning to peak out again as the rain recedes.  Half my front yard is bathed in shadow and half in sunshine...

I am thinking... about the sun and hoping it will stay and dry out the ground as I am supposed to play golf in a few hours. 


I am thankful for... my little dog Chloe who follows me from room to room and settles down keeping me company where ever I stop. 



From the kitchen... I hear Patrick making himself some lunch. I'm sure when I go in later I'll find the dishes, condiments and open packages that will need putting away. One would think he could remember do clean up after himself.... college doesn't teach these things?


I am wearing... shorts and a T-shirt and finding it to chilly for the upper 60 degree weather we are having, only I'm to stubborn to put on something warm.... it is summer ya know!


I am creating... an alter... also can be looked at as space. Space to hold and honor my life where it is right now. Its not the easiest of tasks. After reading about alter making, I thought I'd try it. 


I am going... golfing for the first time in the ladies league tonight. I'm pretty excited about it as I hope to make new golfing friends :)


I am hearing... rain drops dripping off the leaves onto the porch... the rain has just about stopped.


One of my favorite things... Lemon sugar powdered cookies... my great Aunt Lunda and my Grandma used to feed them to me... to this day I have yet to find them in my grocery store... but I keep looking!


A few plans for the rest of the week: I need to begin preparations for my trip in 3 wks. time to start making lists!


Here is picture for thought I am sharing..

The rain is drying up off the porch after soaking the yard. I found this reflective puddle very appropriate to go with my reflections today. 


1 comment:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoyed stopping by yours too. Always interesting to read the different thoughts of everyone. We're all so different and that makes it very interesting. Blessings to you!